- Cyber CIF
- About CIF
- Info for ...
- Magnetic Resonance
- Mass Spectrometry
- X-ray Diffraction
- Other Instruments
- Manuals and Methods
- Remote Data Access
- Live Links
Avance II 600 Solids/Cryo
The Bruker Avance II Spectrometer features a 14.1 Tesla/600MHz wide bore Ultrashield magnet and capacity for up to three channels: 1H/BB/BB. Topspin 3.0 software is used for data acquisition and processing. This instrument is split between cryoprobe use for high-resolution and high-sensitivity biological research and solid-state NMR. Users with expertise in biological solution NMR or SSNMR regularly develop and implement their own pulse programs. Users who do not have experience in SSNMR can submit samples. User-submitted samples will be charged for a minimum of one hour staff time for sample packing and experiment setup, in addition to the instrument time required for spectral acquisition. Additional pulse sequence development and implementation from CIF staff will be charged at the hourly staff rate. Instrument features include:
- 5 mm QCI-P solution cryoprobe with extended temperature range of 0-135 °C.
- 4 mm triple resonance solids probe, capable of spinning speeds up to 15 kHz. In double resonance mode, the probe can tune from 15N - 13C or up to 31P with the range coil. In triple resonance probe, the low frequency channel can tune from 15N - 13C and the high frequency channel from 13C to 31P with the range coil.
- 2.5 mm triple resonance probe, capable of spinning speeds up to 35 kHz. In double resonance mode, the probe can tune from 15N - 13C or up to 31P with the range coil. In triple resonance probe, the low frequency channel can tune from 15N - 13C and the high frequency channel from 13C to 31P with the range coil.
- 1 kW amplifiers for 1H and one BB channel, 500 W amplifier for the low frequency BB channel.
- 5 mm TBI probe for room temeprature solution experiments.
- BCU-II Chiller for variable temperature capabilities from -50 °C to +135 °C.
The AVII-600 was acquired in 2006. The cryoprobe installation and upgrade was completed in 2015.
This instrument is intended to be used by students and other researchers. Staff will provide training and some initial methods development assistance, and will configure the instrument and assist with special projects as required. The hourly rates are listed below. NOTE: There is a minimum billable increment of sixty minutes.
|User Category||FY '18 Hourly Instrument Charge
(First 3 Hrs/After 3 Hrs)
|ISU users - cryoprobe||$20.00 / $8.00||$30.00|
|ISU users - solids||$13.50 / $6.30|
|Non-ISU academic - cryoprobe||$30.00 / $12.00||$45.00|
|Non-ISU academic - solids||$20.25 / $9.45|
|Non-academic - cryoprobe||$60.00 / $24.00||$90.00|
|Non-academic - solids||$40.50 / $18.90|